It is real, it is beautiful (even if it isn’t always pretty), and it’s yours.
The days are long, but the years are oh, so short. Do you ever wish you could just freeze time?
As much as you’d love to hire a professional photographer to follow your family around on a daily basis, it’s just not in the budget.
You wish you could take better photos…ones that will make you smile and warm your heart.
Guess what? You can!
The Snap Happy Photography Workshop will teach you how to confidently capture those amazing life moments with your family as they are happening.
Sandwiched between two fun-filled evenings packed with personalized learning (plus treats and wine, of course), you also get a hands-on photo walk with real kids to help you practice and apply the concepts you’ve learned!
You will learn simple strategies you can implement immediately to start getting great photos of your kids!
No kids? No problem! You still have pets, friends, family, and things you enjoy that should be documented in a beautiful, visual way. Your story matters!
We Will Cover
- Telling the stories of your family and your life with photography
- Capturing real moments
- Composition, perspective, and lighting techniques
- How to get in pictures too!
- A better understanding of how your specific camera works
- How to edit, print, and share your images
What To Bring
Any kind of camera is just fine for this class! From smartphone to dslr, we will help you figure out how to use it. We even have loaners if you’re still trying to find the perfect camera for you.
You Will Take Home
- An amazing workshop workbook, which includes a gold mine of information, ideas, and practice assignments,
- A fabulous swag bag of awesome gifts, valuable resources, and a $50 Lollipop gift certificate!
- Handy, durable quick reference cards for your camera bag,
- A super cute photography t-shirt,
- Links to free printables full of ideas to get your family enjoying time together and give you lots of photo opportunities!
- A private invitation to the Snap Happy Facebook mentoring group where you can ask questions, post photos, and continue on your journey to better photos
Snap Happy Workshop – Option 1
- Class 1: Tues, March 13 – 7pm to 9pm
- Photo walk: Sun, March 18 – 9am to 10:30am
- Class 2: Tues, March 20 – 7pm to 9pm
Snap Happy Workshop – Option 2
- Class 1: Wed, March 14 – 7pm to 9pm
- Photo walk: Sat, March 17 – 5pm to 6:30pm
- Class 2: Wed, March 21 – 7pm to 9pm
The classes will all be held at the Lollipop Photography studio in Columbia, Missouri (near Stephens Lake Park) at 2100 E Broadway Suite 314. The photo walks will be held at a local park, and the location will be announced at the first class.
The workshop is six years in the making and we’ve put a ton of work getting everything ready to go, but as our very first students, you get the “guinea pig” discount! Ordinarily, this workshop will be priced at $200, but we will be offering spots in our very first workshop for $150.
That’s nearly six hours of fun, hands-on instruction for $150! Plus snacks, wine, and super fun free stuff…as well as admission to an private Facebook group that will inspire, motivate, and challenge you! Each student also receives a $50 gift certificate for a future Lollipop photo session!
We intentionally keep class sizes small, so seating is limited. Grab your seat today!
What This Workshop Isn’t
We always like to make sure our clients’ expectations are met. Just so there are no misunderstandings, we do need to mention that this workshop is not about the business side of photography or how to start your photography career. We will not be covering posing, backdrop setups, or off-camera lighting techniques.
If you already have a good understanding of photo composition and using your camera on manual mode, you will probably be bored. While we are happy to answer your more technical questions inside and outside of class, this is not a super technical photography course; it is the first step to take toward capturing your family’s memories in photos.